What we collect, use, disclose and/or process
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on any of our Mithi sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Mithi, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, note that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted (using SSL technology). Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following purposes:
- Manage, operate, administer and/or provide the services.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services, such as by making changes to the overall user experience and/or introducing new products and features on the website.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Mithi or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your personal information in the following ways:We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for whichever purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for the abovementioned purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or such person as Mithi may designate, from time to time, whether by informing you through any letter, circular, notice, email.
If you have any questions relating to Mithi and/or Mithi’s group companies’ collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please contact us via email@example.com or such person as Mithi may designate, from time to time, whether by informing you through any letter, circular, notice, email.
BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT, CAREFULLY READ THE ABOVE CONTENTS OF THIS DOCUMENT. BY SIGNING UP FOR AN ACCOUNT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE CONTENTS OF THIS DOCUMENT AND YOU HEREBY GIVE YOUR CONSENT AS SET OUT ABOVE AS WELL AS CONSENT TO MITHI SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD AND MITHI’S GROUP COMPANIES COLLECTING, USING, DISCLOSING, PROCESSING AND/OR TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR ONE OR MORE OF THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED IN THIS DOCUMENT.